Friday, March 26, 2010

TrollHaugen Hillclimb

Last Sunday we made our way to Dresser, WI for a little snowmobile HiilClimb Fun!



The folks over at WSA Racing  put on a Hillclimb and Hillcross Event.

We arrived and the man at the gate said that the race was just about to start. We made our way up the hill to get the best view.

As I heard the roar of the engines and smelt the magnificent aroma or 110 I started to get excited to see just what this was all about.






The racers made their way to the starting line, lined up, hit that secret little red button –if they are lucky enough to have one and waited in anticipation of the start. With the drop of the flag they were off, and no longer then 30 seconds they were up to the top of the hill.




We stood and watched several races. I was impressed. Not being a stranger to racing, I thought to myself man this could be fun. I was not alone with my thoughts my son had visions of his sled going up the hill also.




They offer several classes where everyone can find a fit. From the Kidcross –like 3 and older to the over 40 and woman’s classes.


They also had a spectator foot race where you could win $100 if you were the first down the hill. Our Brown Headed Step Child-Jerrod, decided that he would enter the contest and was determined to win! And he would have if the guy in the red shirt wouldn’t have dove at the end.



It was a really good time and I highly recommend checking it out for your self. Come and cheer me and my son on at Sprit Mountain in Duluth on the 10th of march. I think we might just give it a try!


For a complete schedule you can visit the WSA website at http://www.pro-ice.com/


In the meantime get outside and enjoy the outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment